Mrs. Derr's / Mrs. Freeman's Classroom Plan
**Classroom Behavior Expectations:
- Follow Directions & Rules
- Respect Self & Others
- Come Prepared to Learn
- Use Quiet & Respectful Voices
- Students are responsible for having the required supplies at school.
- Students are responsible for taking care of their supplies and textbooks in a respectful manner or pay for replacement.
are given a Daily Planner and are expected to write assignment names
and due dates in it each day. When absent, students must check with
their Study Buddy and fill in those days. Planners will be graded.
- Students are held responsible for their choice of words.
- Students are held responsible for their choice of actions.
** Negative Consequences:
1st Offense - Verbal Reminder
2nd " " - Name on the board & 5 minute loss of recess
3rd " " - Check mark by name & 10 minute loss of recess
4th " " - Second check mark, loss of movie & 15 minutes loss of recess, may be sent to buddy class
5th " " - Third check mark & student is sent to Principal
Severe Offense - Sent to Principal immediately
** Positive Consequences:
- Are awarded during the month for appropriate group or individual
behavior. Tickets can also be earned for effort or achievement in
Day - The students can choose to turn in their tickets or save them.
The teacher will randomly draw a number of names. Students chosen may
select the treat of the day or a No Work Pass for one free assignment.
- Students will hear praise from the teacher when they have worked
hard. Excellent work is often posted on bulletin boards.
Monthly Movie - Students have the privilege of watching a video in the
classroom at the end of each month if all assignments are turned in and
they have not accumulated 3 or more behavior consequences. Teachers will
provide study hall for those students who need extra time to work on
meeting class expectations.
- Most assignments will be accepted late within a reasonable time period.
- The grade will be lower than if the assignment had been turned in on time.
- Long term assignments will NOT be accepted late.
- Students should contact their Study Buddy when absent to keep up to date with their work.
Our grading system is the district's Standards Based Grading Scale:
4=Above the Standard: Superior Performance, consistent advanced work beyond the state's Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EARLs) and Grade Level Expectations (GLEs).
3=Meets the Standard: Solid Performance meeting the state's GLEs, few errors, some advanced work.
2=Working Toward the Standard: Partial Performance, severe errors, but making progress & working toward the standard.
1=Below the Standard: Little or No Demonstration of Understanding, no forward progress noted.
****Some assessments are noted as +/Q for quality effort, S for satifactory effort, or -/N for Needs to Improve.
Field trip forms are given to
students with specific dates for the collection of money and return of the
form. If the form isn’t returned on
or before the date, the student will not be allowed to attend the
field trip. The office collects the
specific monetary amount during the dates listed on the form. Please remember that exact change is needed. Scholarships may be available but requests
for these must be made in writing.
If a student returns the field trip form on time but no money is turned
in, the student will be allowed to participate in the field trip. However, a fine will be assessed on the
If you have any questions about the grading system or your child's progress please don't hesitate to contact us.